2019 Purchase Awards
We are delighted to announce that, as of March 15, 2019, we have seven purchase awards for our NBWCCS 2019 show:
1) The show organizers will award $300 for a Saw Whet Owl as the raffle bird.
2) The Picket Fence Motel in Saint Andrews is again offering $300 for a Santa. This year, the award is for a Santa 8 inches tall.
3) AV Group NB (formerly known as AV Nackawic) is offering a $1500 purchase award for a carving of a 50% eagle.
4) Charley Brook Tree Farm is offering a $150 purchase award for the Youth carving of their choice.
5) J. D. Irving is offering a $1500 purchase award for a carving of a 60% Loon with 1 chick.
6) Fredericton Wood Carving Club is offering a prize of $50 to a carver not otherwise recognized with a financial award.
7) Doug Johnson is offering $50 for a comfort bird of his choice – a 4-inch comfort bird, ultra-smooth, made from any single piece or laminated hardwood, no habitat, and no feet. The Frank Foust pattern or something similar is suggested.
|Best in Show||Ribbon + $50||Ribbon + $100||Ribbon + $150||Ribbon + $200||Ribbon + $250|
|2nd Best in Show||Ribbon +$25||Ribbon + $75||Ribbon + $100||Ribbon + $150||Ribbon + $200|
|3rd Best in Show||Ribbon +$10||Ribbon + $50||Ribbon + $50||Ribbon + $100||Ribbon + $150|
|1st, 2nd & 3rd in Class||Ribbon||Ribbon||Ribbon||Ribbon||Ribbon|
People’s Choice Award, Best of Theme (any New Brunswick warbler), and second theme (any night-time theme): There will be ONE winner for EACH of Youth, Novice, Intermediate, Advanced and Masters. The overall winner in People’s Choice and in both themes will receive $200. The other 4 level where they are not the overall winner will each receive a $50 award in each of the two themes and the People’s Choice awards.